How to Verify your YouTube Channel
YouTube has a plethora of helpful features for uploaders, but several of these are locked by default until you have verified your account. Verifying a YouTube account is a simple process that takes around five minutes to complete and unlocks features such as custom thumbnails, monetisation, external annotations and live events, as well as allowing you to upload videos over 15 minutes and appeal when someone is claiming your content as their own.
- Log in and click your channel icon at the top right of the page
- Click the Settings cog icon, to the right of the Creator Studio
- Select View Additional Features at the bottom of the page
- Click the Verify button to the right of your channel avatar
- Select your country from the drop down list
- Choose whether you would like your automated code delivered by phone call or text message, then click Next
- Once your verification code arrives (this may take a few moments) enter it in the box provided and hit Submit
After this process has been completed, you will be sent back to the Additional Features page, and will now be showing as Verified.