How to upload channel art
Channel Art is an important part of your channels image, but can be tricky to get right as it varies hugely in appearance across Desktop, Mobiles and TVs. For the best results across all platforms, YouTube channel art should be 2560 x 1440 px and must be under 4MB in size.
- Sign in to your YouTube account and select the menu drop down on the top-left of the page
- From this menu, click My Channel
- Near the top of the screen, there will be an Add Channel Art option to click on (If you already have a banner, hover your mouse over this until the Edit icon appears and select this instead, then “Edit Channel art”).
- From here, you can drag either drag the desired image from your PC files and drop this in the open window, or click Select A Photo From Your Computer and browse manually through your files to locate your channel icon.
After you have selected an image, you will be given previews of how the art will appear across multiple devices. You also have the option to adjust what area of the image is shown to Desktop users by selecting “Adjust the crop” and resizing/ re-positioning until the desired area is displayed. If you’re happy with the result, simply hit “select” to save the changes.
- Open the YouTube app and sign into your account.
- Tap the Account icon
- Tap your Channel icon
- Tap the Settings cog icon to the right of your channel name
- Tap the Camera icon that has appeared over your banner (not the one over your avatar), which will take you to your phone's photo library.
- Select the image you want, crop it and tap Save.