How to upload a channel avatar
A channel icon is a huge part of your image. It displays over your channel banner, across all of your videos and is vital for first impressions of your channel.
Channel Avatars should be 800 x 800 px in size, in a JPG, GIF, BMP or PNG format (no animated GIFs). Images must not contain any of the following: celebrities, nudity, artwork or copyrighted images. YouTube currently does not support transparency in either avatars or channel art.
Your avatar will display differently across different platforms. On desktop, the icon will display as a square in the top-left hand corner of your channel art, on Android, it will display as a rounded image in the bottom-left hand corner of your channel art and on iOS it will appear as a square image just below the channel art.
- Sign in to your YouTube account and select the menu drop down on the top-left of the page
- From this menu, select My Channel
- move your mouse over the top-left portion of your channel banner, then click on the edit icon this brings up
- This action will bring up a box warning that changes to a Google+ account may take a few minutes to update. Select Edit and you will be taken to the upload page
- From here, you can drag either drag the desired image from your PC files and drop this in the open window, or click Select A Photo From Your Computer and browse manually through your files to locate your channel icon
- Once this has been selected, simply click Set As Your Profile Photo to save
- Open the YouTube app and sign into your account
- Tap the Account icon
- Tap your Channel icon
- Tap the Settings cog icon to the right of your channel name
- Two Camera icons will appear over your avatar and banner. Tap the icon over your Avatar
- You will be given the choice of uploading an image from your phone's images, or from a new photo directly from the camera
- Select the desired image, adjust the crop and tap Save