How to claim a custom YouTube URL
In order to claim a vanity URL, your channel must have over a hundred subscribers, have both a channel icon and channel art and be at least 30 days old. There are also a couple of instances whereYou can also claim a vanity URL based on your website if you have verified it.
Once your URL has been changed, it will affect both your YouTube account and your connected Google+ account (if you have one). This cannot be changed so make sure you’re 100% happy with it before clicking submit.
- Sign in to your account and click your Channel Icon on the top right of the page
- Click Settings cog (to the right of Creator Studio)
- Click Advanced (just to the right of your channel avatar)
- You should see a message stating you’re eligible for a custom URL. Click on Claim It Here
- From here you can see the custom URLs you have been approved for. While you cannot change the base URL, you can add a few characters to make it unique
- Tick the box to say you agree to the terms of service, then click Change URL
- To finalise, click Confirm Choice