Adding Video Cards
- Sign in to your YouTube account and click the menu bar in the top-left corner of the page.
- From here, select My Channel.
- Click the Video Manager icon at the top of the page.
- Next, select the Edit option to the right of the video you wish to amend.
- Select the Cards tab in the top-bar.
- Click Add Card.
- Select the type of card you want to add and click Create. (you may be prompted to accept terms and conditions at this point, if you have not previously done so)
- Enter the URL you want the card to send users to.
- Upload the image you wish to use (or use one of the suggestions from the site). Images are required to be in .JPG, .GIF or .PNG format and less than 5MB in size. This image will be displayed as a square.
- Adjust the title, text and call to action as appropriate.
- Click Create Card.
There are currently six types of cards available for use:
Video or Playlist Cards:
Used to link to public videos or playlists that may be of interest to the viewer.
Used to link to channels you would like your viewers to know about, such as a contributor or recommended channel.
Can only be used by registered nonprofit organisations in the United States of America to raise funds.
Fan Funding Cards:
Allows fans to donate money directly from the video page.
There are currently three types of Link Cards;
Associated Website Cards can only link to the site you have set as associated to your channel.
Crowdfunding Cards allow you to link to projects on approved crowdfunding sites.
Merchandise Cards allow you to link to merchandise from approved retail sites directly from videos. It is important to note, however, that links to iTunes will not show on Android devices.
Used to set up polls for users to vote on. These cards cannot be edited once users have voted on them (although they can still be removed at any point by clicking “Edit” followed by the delete icon).
You can view poll results either in the YouTube Analytics ‘Cards’ tab, or by returning to the card tab and clicking the chart icon beside the poll card.